Pain in neck, seemingly originating from tiny bump. What is it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about two months, on and off, i have been suffering from neck pain. I believed it to be down to anxiety (due to coronavirus and various personal problems), and sleeping tense, which is quite possible, but i have also discovered a tiny bump on the muscle/ligament/tendon (not sure which) on the right side of the back of my neck, in between my neck and shoulder. It is about the size of a pin head, and is sort of mushroom shaped (with a round top on a tiny stem). It is painful to the touch, but i'm not sure whether the pain in my neck is coming from that, or whether it's unrelated. it doesn't feel like a lymph node as it's too small and hard. Has anyone else had anything like this? And if so, what was done about it?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I sometimes get a tiny hard lump that really hurts behind my ear that moves around a bit under the skin, they usually last a couple of weeks and then go away. I don't know if it is the same thing but it sounds similar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.