pain in non operated knee

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all...my right knee which is my good knee is now beginning to hurt on the front below the kneecap..on the inside. I am thinking that this is likely due to the added strain of using it for everything the past three months. Is there anything i can do to help it out, exercises or other? It is my 'go to' in getting around as the bad knee is in no condition to pick up any slack...honestly if the right one starts giving me trouble I'll be screwed....

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I also had that briefly while recovering from the tkr, but it has gone away thank heavens.  I did suddenly realise that my 'good' leg was actually a lot weaker than my operated one one day when doing the exercises on the 'bad' leg . . tried to do them with the good leg and found it exhausted me!  so I did the exercises equally from then on. I don't know if strengthening the good leg helps. . . the pain did go away but maybe it was just coincidence.  So many pains come and go . .and some come and stay unfortunately!  Hope it gets better for you.
    • Posted

Thanks Martina (btw is it Martina or Martin...i have seen people reply both lol). I am hoping that it will go away if i am kinder to it....and will start doing the strengthening exercises on both....to have it act up wpuld be the rnd of me! Winter's coming..hete in Canada. .just like game of thrones
    • Posted

actually neither. . when I registered, I put in my email address, and didn't see anywehre where to put a nickname. . .so it just decided I was martinarvelo.  Actually, I'm Valerie!  Martinarvelo is my surname. . . Leads to confusion as often people think I'm Martin . . so when I mention my husband, they probably think we are a same sex marriage!

• Posted

Lol...well Hello Valerie. ...funny cause i looked at the name and you were either (i thought) Martin Arvelo...or Martina Rvelo...which didn't seem to make as much sense......
    • Posted

when people call you Martin could you just tease them for a little for us ....... we need a bit of entertainment on here sometimes!! twistedbiggrin
  • Posted

Donna, I can truly relate to your situation. My "good?" knee is driving me nuts. My therapist is working it almost as hard as the bad one. 5 months of having the bad one immobilized and 50% or less weight bearing really put a lot of strain on the entire leg. On top of that, we must be having a huge barometer swing as both of them are screaming at me this morning. Already too hot to walk and going to reach close to 100° F. today then swing into chilly, possibly heavy thunderstorms the next 2 days. Not going to be a positive thing for bad joints. I guess gentle excercises and ice is about the only answer. Hope you get some relief. You might try a good anti inflammatory. I'm going to start on aleve, a naproxin
    • Posted

Hi, I know what you mean hot as heck up here too and Ottawa is very humid..so close to 100 with that. The leaves are just starting to turn colour..a few branches on some trees. Fall is my favourite time of the year...sunny but cooler with no humidity and no mosquitoes! I am taking some advil and this morning7ng an icing both knees.... keep cool and all the best
  • Posted

Hi donna. I have the same problem. I have been exercising both legs ever since I had my TKR.  I once saw a surgeon who did an arthroscopy on me (TKR side) and he said "I hate to tell you but the other one is going to go within 5 or 6 years".  That was about 6 years ago ............

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.