Pain in ribs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I'm experiencing excruciating pain in my ribs, on my left side, in line with my armpit. It feels like a burning pain, but also as though the muscles between the ribs are in spasm. Anybody else had this? And did anything help? x

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeanne

Only a few days ago I was saying to my husband that I ache so much that my ribs feel as if I have been battered and bruised in so many places. After about two days all of this disappeared. So not sure if my body was generally tired or a fibro issue.

Hope others on this forum will be able to assist or advice you further.  

Gentle hugs wink xx

• Posted

Thanks Bee, I've had it for a couple of days now & it's really taking it out of me. On top of my 'normal' I've got spasm on right side of my back, a painful knee, AND this rib pain. I mean, my 'normal' is far from most people's, you understand! Hmph! x
  • Posted

Yes Jenniie. It feel like a drill on each side when it really acts up........parrallel (s)p with diaphram???????? They telll me it's just a nerve. Kinda like take an aspirin and forget it all. I have polynerupathy though.
  • Posted

I'm not sure what a doctor's diagnosis would be in your case. Your medical history is unknown and I can only speculate.

I have FM for many years and have rib and muscle pain. I use magnesium spray it helps me.and take aspirin. It calms down the muscle spasms even in my legs, arms and back. 

there could be a number of other reasons for the pain you describe. If it continues as excruciating for a few days, it probably would be best to see your doctor.

also lifting or over doing can cause strain in the rib area. Especially as we get older . I have learned to accept limitations with aging and arthritis issues.

Peace & Healing biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.