Pain in ribs

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have bx and have had it while,I have a part collapsed lung on the the side and I experience a dull pain in the left side of my ribs ,does any one else have this 

Thanks jo 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

@Jockeys yes, I will have sharp pains at times, like runners stitches, during exertion or rest, and then dull pains at times. Sometimes the pains are in the chest, sometimes in my back. I wish you all the best!
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply Brenda it’s nice to know ,I’m not alone in this problem

Take care jo 

• Posted

Hi Jo:

I may have a partially collapsed lung too.  At least, my pulmonologist has been noticing from the Xrays that my right lung capacity has been shrinking gradually for the past year or so.  I had a bronchoscopy to try and find out the reason but other than an infection with micro bacterium avium it did not shed light on the problem.  I do have a dull pain in my back on the right side at times, often when I wake up.  I first thought it was my heart since it radiates to my upper arm.  Maybe the pain comes from the lung as it seems to be in your case. I will keep watching to see if others have this too. I have had Bx for close to 20 years and it is getting tougher. 

Thanks for bringing up this issue and strength in dealing with it.  I usually just take a painkiller but it doesn't help much.

Louise

• Posted

Lately I am also experiencing a dull pain on my left side (right under the ribs).    I didn’t know if it is related to Bx but after reading the comments, it probably is. 

Hope you feel better.  

• Posted

I didn't not know that a partial collapsed lung was something that the doctors could allow to leave alone. I know that a collapsed lung is very painful and very serious. I assumed a partially collapsed lung fell in the same category.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.