Pain in ribs and sternum for nearly 2 years.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 19 years old male.I have a dull pain in ribs specially 2nd,3rd and 4th ribs(both left and right side).The pain comes,stays for 6 to 10 seconds and then goes away.This happens almost 2 to 3 times everyday..The pain is very dull and is not hurting at all.Also I have pain in sternum.I can feel the pain in sternum only when turning around,waking from sleep,moving my shoulders,arms and lifting heavy objects.This is happening for nearly 2 years when one evening I returned from swimming.I have no problem while eating,sleeping,drinking,breathing,coughing,jumping,walking etc.Also there is no pin while pressing in that area,in the sternum and in the ribs.What should I do?Please help.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

IT DOESN'T SOUND SERIOUS, COULD IT BE A MUSCLE TWITCH?
  • Posted

I think this is muscular as you say you feel it when turning,lifting and moving your arms. It came on after swimming you say. Do you swim a lot or do you work out a lot?   You could have inflammation of the tiny muscles that are between the ribs. What medication have you tried?  You probably need an anti-inflammatory like paracetamol or ibuprofen [not both] taken as per the instructions on the packet for a few days.  See if that helps.  

Alternatively it could be something to do with your digestion. Can you link it to any particular food?

A niggly pain like this can begin to be an unnecessary irritant in your life and in this case you should see a doctor. 

• Posted

I'M ONE THESE WHO TAKES NATURAL CURES BEFORE ANY OTC OR PRESCRIPTION DRUGS.  GINGER IS ONE OF THE BEST ANTI INFLAMMATORY RESCUES.   TAKES IT IN TEA, GET SOME GINGER ROOT AND SLICE AND ADD IT TI FOODS.  GOOGLE IT AND SEE HOW ELSE YOU CAN INGEST IT.  TRY SOME GINGER OIL   IF IT STILL IRKS YOU JUST CHECK IT OUT WITH A DOC
    • Posted

ANOTHER CAUSE OF INFLAMMATION IS A MAGNESIUM DEFECIENCY. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.