Pain in right rib cage

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have terrible pain in my right rib cage. At first I thought I had trapped gas and went back on my reflux medication. However that didn't help. I do seem to burp a lot. Doctor today said he thinks I may have costochondritis. My pain is not in the centre of the chest though it's all on the right side. Not gallbladder as i have had it removed. Pain is dreadful. Any suggestions??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI Jodie, sorry you are having such pain I have had Costco for nine months and mine goes from left to right or both. I find that resting with my feet up and using a heating pad does help. I hold the heating pad to my chest. I have spinal stenosis and my back hurts often also . Costo is worse when sleeping or lying down. Aleve helps some and I use BIO-FREEZE, (roll on) very soothing! goid luck! KATHY

• Posted

hey jodie, i have costo and the pain varies sometimes its on the right side for me and i find that a hot bath or a hot water bottle with a paracetamol helps

• Posted

Hi Jodie, does your pain hurt in between the ribs or just a general pain in that area, I have Costo and get pain in between my ribs sometimes, it gets really sore for about a week its usually worse the first 3 or 4 days and very tender to the touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.