Pain in right side

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having upper right pain below ribs for quite some time - I had a gallbladder ultrasound in Jan - it was ok - had a hidascan 2 weeks ago - 48.6 % ejection - had an endoscopy - still nothing - something is causing the right side pain and nausea - I supposed to go back to the doctor next week - I am wanting to see if he will do a scan - without the IV contrast I am allergic to it.....when I had my hidascan the tech said I had one in 2007 88% ejection - for upper quadrant pain - well can't remember it being that long - but for the last few months - I wake up with it - go to bed with it - seems like when I sit it feels like I am pushing on something - it's there all day  sometimes kind of like a sudden pain.  I am really getting down and out about this!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have had paon continisley all week now in my stomach and back but i have fibralga and you get realy bad pain with that i just wish i knew how to control it
  • Posted

I asume gallbladder..get ct scan if you can.

Meanwhile apple cider vinegar twice a day...apple juice and some herbal tea should help.

• Posted

I am going to ask the doctor about the CT scan - but I am allergic to the contrast or iodine - so it would have to be without - you mentioned apple cider vinegar?  How much???
    • Posted

Table spoon in small glass of water.... in this ocassion you can use dr.Google plenty of benefits..it helps with gb issues.
  • Posted

I had an ulcer which gave me the exact same pain.  This was never confirmed because they could not see around the bend so to speak with the cam. But that's what they thought it was.  PPIs over 12 months sorted it but that's the very short version you've just had. The pain went right though to my right shoulder also.  It had the GPs lost but the consultant thought the main pain just below my right rib and right over the right hand side was an ulcer. Constant pain like someone is rubbing their knuckle into you. 

• Posted

went to doctor today - going to have a abdomen scan done Friday - the doctor doesn't seem to think it's gallbladder, liver, etc - I am very nauseated today - he is wanting me to start taking Doxepin and see if that helps with my side and nausea.  He said he sees a lot of patients and all tests come back normal....and unfortunately it does help the quality of life -evidently if this medicine doesn't help and my scan is ok.....guess I will have to live with it - and he said some people do have gallbladder taken out - but its a 50 - 50 chance that - wouldn't be it and you still have the pain.

• Posted

now for the last couple of days on my bottom right rib it feels sore.  I just don't know what is going on!!

• Posted

Debbie it could be fatty liver...or even ibs flare up..create yourself a food diary and watch what you eat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.