Pain in right side and haemorrhoids. Is this IBS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m not sure if I’m in the right place as I haven’t even been diagnosed with anything but my mind is going into over drive and wanted some advice. I’ve been experiencing abdominal pain on/off since early November. It’s only on my right side and goes into my pelvic area, hip and back even up to my ribs. I was seen at A&E where blood tests, urine tests and abdominal and pelvic ultrasounds came back clear. They ruled out kidney stones and appendicitis. I have also been experiencing bleeding when I pass stools but there are definite lumps underneath so my GP has prescribed an ointment to help reduce the size of the haemorrhoid(s). I don’t know where else to go- GP keeps dismissing it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I think you must be male as you dont mention anything about periods or a uterus. It could just be gas passing through your gut. Have you made any changes to your diet last November? Do you drink a lot of beer? Do you experience passing wind a lot. Or constipation ? Do you have to strain to pass a motion?

This may be due to something you have regularly in your diet and you need to identify the culprit.

• Posted

hi srid, i read your post and thought gallstones, ask your doctor about this. the fact that this is RIGHT not left sided pain sounds less like ibs. it could be haemorrhoids but i am no doctor, it could also possibly be fatty liver? check both of these out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.