Pain in side of knee

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good afternoon, I had a TLKR 4th November last year, all going well until I walked too long and went back to square one

That was middle of January, so started of slowly again and just feeling like I am making progress and now I have started with intense pain in a bone on the outside of my knee

Could this have anything to do with the umbness which has eased off a little this past week

Thank youfor ny help or info Kimx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

1st thing get back with your surgeon for a review. He might want to do an Dr at just to mAke sure everything has healed in the proper placement. Give it some real rest.....several says of minimal excercise. Then start slowly. Just a guess but your early extensive walking may have caused a bone bruise and only rest will help. Start icing several times a day and use an anti inflammatory to take away the pain. One of the biggest problems with this surgery is wanting to go to far to fast.
    • Posted

Thank you Oldfatguy,your right, first sign of improvement and I was off lol I will see the doctor tomorrow I think, just to be on the safe side x
  • Posted

If it's below your knee to left could be bursitis. Burning stinging tender
    • Posted

Hi Gaby, yes it is in that spot on the outside of my left knee, and the pain is just as you describe. Thank you x
  • Posted

You did a marathon before you coped with running round the block. Before the muscles were strong enough.  The pain could be the tendon complaining. It has to contend with being assaulted by your long walk. instead of doing distance, do time.   The numbness is caused by all your nerves that were severed.  They will tingle, burn get pins and needles, they have to heal and they will take their sweet merry time in healing. Constant massaging may help.  Before doing any distance, wait a good year!  It's not so long.
    • Posted

Thank you Sueisobel, I am my own worst enemy. I had promised my grand daughter a short trip round town, which turned into three hours plus. I was so silly

Thank you I will have to get my husband massageing it when its not so painful to touch. Kim x

• Posted

Oh dear, It is something we all done, it's a case of, let's go done there, then there's Oh look over there; what's that, It is so easy to do and before you know it another hour or two  has passed.  If you massage it yourself you will be able to give the  right pressure. The more you massage, the more it becomes desensitised . 
    • Posted

You are so welcome.  Have to go to bed now as up at 6 in the morning!!!  Take good care x
  • Posted

I would go back to doctor...get new xray....and maybe ...more therapy....I hope all goes well...I did tkr...and is very painful....but hanging in there....taking meds and resting
    • Posted

Thank you Luz, I am waiting for the doctor to get back to me, I am resting again, ice and pain meds. Just hate the resting, always been a doer lol

Hope you are soon recovered x

• Posted

Where is the numbness and when did it start. You could have some peroneal nerve involvement 
    • Posted

Hi Tom, the numbness ha always been there,but is not covering as large an are as it did. aAnd the pain started Friday. Thank you x

• Posted

What areas of the leg does the numbness cover??
    • Posted

It covers the outside aea of my knee x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.