Pain in stomach on the right side after endoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had endoscopy done 28/11/18 since after the procedure ive got pain in the right side pain under ribs and stomach. ive been to the doctors and had a scan done to rule out gallbadder issue and everything came back normal. i did not have this pain before endoscopy. anyone else suffered with similar pain after endoscopy and how long does it take to heal .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don't have much to contribute except sympathy and my personal experience of endoscopy several years ago. I chose no sedation and was told that I was the easiest patient that day. Not bravery... I'm terrified of general anaesthetics!.

I had no after pain whatsoever but the endo. showed all was normal so maybe my gut was able to tolerate the procedure better than someone with damage. You will have been told if you needed any further treatment, I presume.

Did you ask your doctor whether s/he could account for the pain you have and whether the endo. could be the cause? Does eating, exercise, time of day affect the pain?

I think I'd keep a detailed pain diary for a couple of weeks and then ask for another opinion.

Hope you are out of pain soon.

• Posted

Sorry! Another thought, maybe an unworthy one. I have wondered whether being totally awake during the procedure is something of a guarantee of extra gentle handling??? I know that sounds like a criticism but it's not meant to be. They talked to me all the time and kept asking if I was ok. I'd soon have let them know if not and I know they'd have adjusted their technique. Just a thought.

• Posted

Thanks for replying i was awake and there was no struggle what so ever . i just cant the pain to shift. They took biopsy which confirmed gastritis. result for biopsy is normal. i did feel i pinch from the biospy on area am getting pain . so dont know if is that taking time to heal .

• Posted

That might explain my painless experience; I didn't need any biopsies. Should have thought of that! Hope all goes well for you all on here.

• Posted

I also had my endoscopy done on November 28th. I am not having stomach pain but chest/throat pain .. I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but just know you are not alone.

• Posted

sorry to hear you have pains to . i do think its the biospy they take that takes longer to heal. i pray we feel better soon x

• Posted

yea i had a few biopsies taken.. i hope you feel better as well! ❤️

• Posted

Hi,

I had my upper endoscopy on November 19, 2018. I am having the same symptoms. Everytime I eate or have a drink my chest hurts and upper back that radiates to my right side. I had an ultrasound and waiting for CT scan. I am so frustrated, I have actually lost weight (which is not a bad thing). I do not want to eat and sick of the pain. The doctor offered me an antidepressant. This is not right hope we can figure this out. Let me know how things workout with you.

• Posted

I also had biopsies which showed intestinal metaplasia and gastritis. I have had upper endos before, but never had this pain for so long after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.