Pain in the bum.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a constant ache in my lower buttocks which radiates throughout the whole area.  Feel like I've been riding a bicycle with a hard saddle. (But I havent). Maybe I'm sitting too much?(!)   Only this has happened after a week of being constantly on my feet, very tiring physical work and extreme stress. I can feel that I'm having a flare-up with the normal flu-ish symptoms.  But I've never experienced bum pain.  Feeling a bit concerned.  Anyone else have this? Any tips on how to deal with it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky, aww yes I've had a pain in my bum on several occasions if you push it with your finger does it hurt like hell if so it sounds like sciatica nerve, I get this when I get lower back pain although my back doesn't always hurt at first but I know the signs now,

Yes it could be standing or sitting to much you might of bent or twisted awkwardly this can happen even if you don't feel anything at the time,

Also stress can be a big cause

Take some pain killers if you can take them and rest, but don't stop laying in bed or sitting around could make it worse

Hope it helps that your not alone

Hope it goes soon.

• Posted

i get this proberly from sitting to long because evrything hurts my feet hurt when i stand and bum when i sit . .i get  less pain in my bum if i am sittling on a soft chair

but a stool oran office chair or a hard restraunt chair  kill . 

• Posted

Hi Becky

Like the others I have pains too in buttocks and it can feel really awkward. It is like sciatica pains and is very uncomfortable. It's another area that fibro gets to and gives plenty of discomfort. rolleyes x

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. Always helps to know others have similar symptoms.  I've found this bum pain really uncomfortable.  Because I CANT SIT DOWN!!!  It just hurts more.  Makes me miserable sad.  This has come about after taking a job for a week where I had to stand for 8 hours a day.  So it wasn't as a result of too much sitting!  I've been doing floor exercises, got my hubby to give me a massage and found that by moving around and sitting for only short periods as well as some gentle walks, it's actually starting to improve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.