Pain in the face

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Does anybody have constant pain in the face and a feeling of suffocation in the neck?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes sad in the last two years I've suffered from TMJ which is pain in the jaws. I constantly feel tension in my face and I keep reminding myself to release and try to relax my face. Don't lean your head on your wrist, don't talk on the phone without headphones, don't chew gum or eat your nails... hope this helps..

• Posted

Could you try to explain the neck suffocation feelings? I have a lot of issues with my neck
  • Posted

Yes, tho not constant but more often than not, pain in jaw, cheeks and earache too, pain seems to move around my face and I feel like my glands hurt although they are not swollen. I can understand the feeling of suffocation in neck, to me it almost feels like I am swelling up inside my neck, this then increases my anxiety as I start to think it will stop me breathing. Good luck with finding solutions and help.
  • Posted

Hello Stella I have never had face pain a little jaw ache only. Hope you feel better soon!!!!
  • Posted

Yes i do in my cheek i keep having a very funny feeling so hard to describe. It almost feels like i got a bird or mouse running in there then it's painful. I often feel i can't swallow and that i can't breath then i feel i can't take another breath. It's scarry i feel i'm going to choke in my sleep and die. Jo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.