Pain in the left and right (not so often) side of the abdomen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. My name is Mindaugas. I am 25 years old male. Sorry for the mistakes and grammar in advance. At the moment i am having abdomen pain on the left and right side. If one day left side hurts more, the next day it might be both or only right. This pain is going for about 10 days now. I have already went to hospital (2 days ago) but they have found nothing until now. Last night i noticed that the pain (not sharp, more like round/dull. Makes sitting uncomfortable and does not hurt while laying or sleeping) increases with the amount of liquid i drink. By drinking more water pain gets more uncomfortable (which I will tell to the doctor today when I go to them). When doctors checked my out they took blood, urine. They did ultrasound test and x-ray one. No problems were found and all tests were ok. 

Because I work in a office and I am sitting most of the time, it is really hard to focus. Maybe someone here also had similar problems that normal tests were not able to find. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could be easily related to your sitting / work position. Pulled nerv etc. Try introducing a little routine...even on the chair you can do exercise and move your body.

Try warm bath. If its muscle/nerv it should improve.

• Posted

Hello Ed. I am working sitting job for around 4 years now. 4 months in current place. I have never had anything similar to it. I tried little movement exercises but nothing seems to help. Second day I am drinking Etoricoxibum (for neurological purposes) but it has no effect for now. 
  • Posted

Have you had change of bowel habit or any pain after eating?  If so, ask your doctor about IBS.
    • Posted

Hello Pippa! Never had any pain after eating. Habit stayed the same as far as I would say. This problem started when i had flu (flu started around 15 days ago and ended 7 days ago. Pain in abdomen started somewhere in the middle) and drunk a lot of tea. Today for the purpose of test i drunk around 3 glasses of water in around 6 hours. Every time my left side started to feel heavier and hurt more. 

Thank you for the advice. I will read on IBS. 

• Posted

If you had gastric flu, sometimes it can lead to post infectious IBS.  Keep an eye on your bowel habits to see if they do start to change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.