Pain in the tailbone

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, ladies, has anyone experience pain in their tail bone this pain comes and go it's an awful feeling especially after seating for a bit I would welcome any suggestions or comments.

Thank you,

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Lexi OMG YES! I've had pain in my tail bone for two years. It was the first symptom I had. At first I thought it was my chair but as you say some days you dont have it at all, other days when I get up out of my chair i feel a sharp pain in my tail bone....it's very painful.

I've mentioned it to the doctor but he didn't really investigate, by this time I was having loads of other symptoms so I guess he just assumed it's part of the meno thing.

I'm sorry to say I still have the pain, despite being on HRT for 3 months. I'd love to know if it will go away completely at some point, I have to sit in front of a PC for 9 hrs a day at work and when I have this pain its no fun at all.

• Posted

I am so sorry Claire I know what it's like seating long hours I sometimes have to stand up or walk around for a minute. Applying warm water for a few gives some relief let me know if you have any update.

Hugs and ❤.

Lexie,

• Posted

It's weird you mention this as i get this awful strange pain/ache feeling in my tail bone but it always comes on in the middle of the night!! It's so uncomfortable that I have to get up and stand, move around... it kind of goes after around 20 mins or so and then doesn't come back until another random night!! It's been going on for years but i didn't associate it with menopause however if i think about it, I have possibly been menopausal for around the same time...

Odd! Just another symptom to add to the many?!

• Posted

I also had this when i first started perimenopause!! I have not had it for a few years now but it went off and on for a few years. I could barely sit sometimes. It hurt me so badly. I did not even think it was hormone related until I read this!!!! But, it went away finally....and different symptoms in it's place!!

• Posted

Hi Marisa, I am so glad to hear your symptom went away what did you to get relief it hurt so bad seating over 5 minutes is a problem I wish I could just seat and be pain free what a luxury to be able not to suffer while seating 😀 I am trying so hard not to take pain med.

• Posted

OMG!!! I have been having tail bone pain for about a year!! can hardly sit some days!! sorry you are going through that too!!

• Posted

hi there,

yes I am shocked to read this as I have had SO much pain from my tail bone while sitting up right and have never ever thought about it being Peri! This pain started long before I would have thought it was Peri but but I did have symptoms of Peri like irregular periods at least 7 years before this journey started so I guess it could all correlate.

I'm just relieved to realize I am not totally weird and other people have problems with their tale bones as well - thanks for posting!

However, there must be something to helps us as I have been on HRT for some time and it still gets sore...

Any suggestions are welcome!

• Posted

I am really glad to read this. I have this and have been trying to figure out what it is. I was starting to think maybe I am losing muscle, so I am putting more pressure on it when I sit. But it doesn't hurt all the time. So strange. Thanks for sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.