Pain in throat when swallowing for months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, for the past 5 months I'm experiencing pain in my throat whenever i swallow, the pain is mostly on my right side and it sometimes radiates to my right neck/ear.

Pain is mostly felt when swallowing my own saliva, when eating food i don't feel it much.

ENT said its reflux and gave me omeprazole (40mg), I've been taking it for over 2 months but no results.

I'm also experiencing clearing throat from mucus, and voice changes.

No difficulty swallowing, its just painful, sometimes it feels like muscle pain, and sometimes like being sore/raw when swallowing.

I can also feel the pain when sneezing.

Did anyone experience those symptoms with reflux?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Am i the only one with these symptoms? anyone?

• Posted

You're not alone, my throat is in pain right now too and would feel so tight, I would feel it in the middle of my neck though, dealing with health anxiety as well, makes my throat feel really tight whenever I focus too much about it and the pain would feel worst. With my reflux, if I eat food that triggers my symptoms I feel like that. It's such a scary feeling for me, my ENT doctor also recommended me to take omperazole 40mg for my reflux symptoms. Been dealing with this feeling off and on before starting medication, it's so horrible to deal with. So sorry you're experiencing this and hope you can find something to help you cure the pain in throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.