pain in timmie still

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again im just woundering if any one as the bloated ness i asked about a while ago , not all the time and i get a feeling of shortness of breath under my rib cage , its been 5months post op of full hysterectamy, its driving me mad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Loulou,

Sorry you're still feeling this way.  I would suggest that you try a good probiotic, one that has cultures that will assist the bacterial balance in your urinary trsct (which should help you if you have vaginitis) and in your gut.  

It might help!  

• Posted

Hi Loulou, I am 2 years post op and still experienced that bloated feeling, however I've not been breathless. Lynda has suggested probitotics, I have actually just started taking them in capsule form in the hope that it will help with the bloated feeling and also the recurrent cystitis I am experiencing at the moment.

• Posted

Hi, Phoebe,

I'm sorry that you're having this.  I got my first UTI in December, but I didn't know it!  Just gradually started going more often, especially at night!  It was so subtle, that it wasn't until I started to have mild pain a month later that I recognized I had a UTI. Currently on antibiotics.  Ugh.

I did some research, and found out that when one is menopausal, whether normally or from sugery, the balance of bacteria in the reproductive, renal and gastro tracts gets disturbed.  That's when bad bacteria can start to grow and you get infections!  I would have loved to have been told that when I had my surgery!  I would have started probiotics then.

I've also discovered that different strains are necessary to keep each area functioning well.  Some probiotic products only work on the gastrointestinal tract, others work in the reproductive and renal systems.  And, they need to be properly packaged in capsule or enteric coated, so the strains don't get killed in your stomach.  If you already know all about this, sorry, just trying to be thorough!  xx 

• Posted

Linda, when is the best time of day to take a probiotic please? Empty stomach or not?
    • Posted

Hi, Maisie,

Right now, I'm on antibiotics twice a day, so I take my probiotic with lunch.  That seems to work best for me.  

After I stop taking the antibiotics, I'll probably keep to the lunch time dose.  

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi Lynda, sorry haven't replied but for some reason I am not getting email alerts for this forum anymore frown.

I am taking probiotics, the caps I take have supposedly got 5 billion bacteria in them, hopefully they will help a bit, I have just finished another round of antibiotics, I take Trimethoprim, is this what you take?

• Posted

Hi, Phoebe!

So good to hear from you!  I took either macrobid or microbid, can't remember which!  Anyway, I'm done with mine and feeling much better.  

There are strains of bacteria that work in different systems, such as the digestive tract, urinary tract and in the vagina (which is all I've got left now, lol!).  I discovered that some products don't tell you where they work and aren't coated properly, so they get messed with in your stomach.  

I did some on line research and went to the pharmacy to get a certain product, but they didn't have it, so I had to get something else, which I'm happy to say, is working well.  

I then did more research and got another product, which has one more strain and I'll start taking that one as soon as I'm done with the one that I'm taking currently. Probiotics used to make me sick, but not so much any more.  

I do hope they help you.  I also got some cranberry capsules and started to take them before I got antibiotics, and they helped some, but not enough to get rid of the infection.  

I started urinating several times a day back in December, but didn't start feeling pain till one month later.  I should have picked up on it! UTI's can be very dangerous, especially in older women!  

Take care! Hope you're well rid of the infection soon.

(((BIG HUG)))  

• Posted

I'm exactly 5 months too and yes, I get the same exact feeling as you. Just yesterday I was so bloated and told my daughter that I felt like I weighed 300 pounds because I was short of breath! I weigh 110!!

• Posted

HI can you tell me does it hurt sonetimes when you lift anything and do you take anything for it, just dont know long this is going to last for .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.