Pain in toes. Still after ankle surgery

Posted , 18 users are following.

Still getting a lot if burning in my toes. 18weeks after ankle surgery. Some days worse than others. Anyone else getting this. S

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Only had my surgery a week ago so came to look for advice. Feeling so depressed because of the pain in my little toes. Can’t sleep because of it and no pain killers are working. Reading everyone’s comments and seems quite normal to have pain in toes but now even more depressed as it seems to last weeks and weeks. I can’t bare it!!!
    • Edited

It's tough but it will get better. I'm at 12 weeks post surgery and as I write this my toes are tingling and my ankle is burning. I don't take any pain pills anymore except at night when I have to have take one in order to sleep. Ice and elevation are the only things that seem to help but certain stages just have to play themselves out. I wish I had better things to tell you. Hang in there. Prayer has helped me a lot. God bless, Charisse

• Posted

Five monthes post opp started walking yesterday.

Little or no pain slow butt shure it do get better promise.

• Posted

they grip your toes to hold the foot in place as the surgeon does the surgery. it can take 6 mos. to a year to get rid of the nerve discomfort in the toes. at least that is what I was told. still there, recovering though.

• Edited

had ankle surgery dec.5th .I just started getting shooting pains in my toes and my feet and toes or more and more sore

• Posted

It certainly is a complicated joint to damage, the doctors don't seem to recommend you breaking ankles-I'm sure we all agree too! Pain will definitely last a long time.

Keep smiling and we'll get there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.