Pain in top of foot and toes for few months

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi does anyone have r a in feet and toes seeing gp on Monday i have soreness and aching pain in top foot. I've already got osteoarthritis in my hips too. and it's worse when I am walking I am wondering if it is signs of r a

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You actually probably have osteoarthritis in the joints on the top of your foot. I can't remember the name of that bone but I have arthritis in the same place that you do. Mine is in the right foot. When you go to your doctor and he wants to x-ray it make sure that he has the X-ray done while you're putting weight on that foot. This will open up the joints and make it easier to see arthritis. I learned this from my podiatrist. And I'm in the US and we have to pay for every X-ray and I was pretty disgusted when I had to have a second x-ray because the first one wasn't done correctly.

• Posted

thanks for that info. I had xray of foot and I was not standing to get a good xray.I see GP and rheum next week. I have foot pain but not sure if OA or RA since I have both forms of arthritis

• Posted

I've looked the systoms of r a in feet and I match the current systoms

• Posted

Hi, I have RA in both of my feet and my toes hurt all the time. When it first started I saw a foot doctor and he told me to buy some arch supports, didnt help. My RA is on the ball of my feet right where the toes connect. Actually, several of my toes are beginning to get more space between. them and crowding out other toes. So the 2 toes on each feet that are moving apart I use fabric tape to keep them together and it works great. Doctor told me it will get worse. Also the little finger on my right hand is spreading out further also. Thinking about seeing a hand doctor to see if anything can be done. Good luck

• Posted

Yes, when my RA initially began I had symptoms in many small joints in my hands and feet, including bursitis in one foot. Before my RA was diagnosed, initial Xrays also suggested some OA in foot joints which actually delayed my RA diagnosis, as my doctor at that time assumed OA and did not order me tests for RF or Anti-CCP despite my widening range of symptoms..

Foot pain symptoms and bursitis persisted for months, until my DMARDs started to become effective. Since then they have gradually gone, more than I believed would ever be possible for quite a while. It is now a few years since I started DMARDs and very rarely I have a flare at which time my feet and hands can again have symptoms of sensitivity, pain and some joint swelling. These pass after a week or so, and things settle down again.

• Posted

I have RA in my right foot. I have pain on the underside of my toes and I have 2 toes that are spreading apart. I think it messes with my balance because I seem like I can no longer walk a straight line. I also have Plantar Faciatis in both heels and wear orthodics. I wear CROCS at home and they have been a life saver. I wish you the best of luck with your RA journey.

• Posted

To help with walking I bought some fairly expensive sneakers with deep cushioned soles made by Hoka.

Also I bought a soft slip-on or thong style thing made by Oofos.

There may be other options that help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.