Pain in upper abdomen and ribs, nausea, fatigue

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I've been having constant pain in my upper abdomen and ribs for 2 weeks. It can feel really severe. I've also had nausea, fatigue and loss of appetite. I'm feeling very weak and sick. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I'm trying to figure out what it is and can't see a GI doctor for 2 weeks.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don't wait 2 weeks. Go now to a hospital E/R.

• Posted

I went to the ER and they did a ct scan and bloodwork. Everything was ok. I feel it is something in my gut, maybe gastritis, ulcer or bacteria growing in there but I don't know. I may need an endoscopy and they don't do those in the ER.

• Posted

i have alot of your same symptoms and have for the past 6 months. its absolutely miserable. i had an endoscopy and was diagnosed with gastritis and GERD which im on PPI's for but they really dont do anything i heard you have to completely change your diet ive had to stay away from any dairy. if you've had a ct scan then thats good it means theres a less chance of it being something sinister. good luck!

• Posted

Sorry you've been dealing with this for so long. I hope it settles down for you soon. Have you had pain under your ribs and abdomen that has lasted for days or weeks?

• Posted

I don't know why people say dairy is bad, dairy is not bad lol, we have been eating milk and eggs for centuries if not longer. You need to avoid bread and cookies (research how they are made if you are interested in looking into this). You need to drink HOT whole organic (no low fat or w/e) milk. This helps clean out your stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.