pain in upper back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies,

Just wondering have any of you ever experienced

tightness in your upper back? Mine is on the left

side on sometimes it feels like it comes around to my ribs. My husband tells me it stress but idk. Its really starting to worry me a little. sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna,try not to worry!I was in the same situation as you,i had tests and everything was fine.After loads of research i found it was part of peri/menopause along with many many other symptoms that no one seems to relate to peri/menopause.I recently found this forum and realised that many many other women all share different ones.We aren't educated what and can ocur during this stage of our lives so we all make ourself sick with worry thinking that somethings seriously wrong and then so we get ourselves in a worse state and the more stressed we feel,the worse the symptoms actually are.When you have read a few of the posts on here you say to yourself "thats me"I have quite a few problems,one being the same as yours.Mines on the left hand side and my ribs feel imflamed and sore and it feels very tight,like i have an elastic band under my bust.I was actually diagnosed with costochondritis which is imflamation of the cartilidge between the rib cage,but i now know that its peri menopause(because i still get the odd period).Prior to any of my symptoms appearing,i had never heard of peri menopause and i associate menopause with hot flushes and that was it.Please keep posting to let me know how you are getting on.we are all here to support each other thank goodness because you dont seem to get any medical support xx
    • Posted

Hi debwestmids

Thanks so much for the info. It gives me a little sense of relief. I know I probably should but I haven't been to the doctor about it. Doctors freak me out however I do have to go to the doctor once a month for my thyroid until it gets regulated. Its awesome having others to chat with,sometimes hubby and kids don't get it. Thanks again smile

• Posted

Hi Donna,didn't realise you had thyroid problems.The symptoms you are having can be related to thyroid problems,they are very similar.i was tested for throid when i went to drs.so hopefully,fingers crossed when they have sorted your levels out,you may feel better.Fingers crossed it is hun and you start to feel well again xx
  • Posted

Yes I have been experiencing this a lot off and on. I am actually going through this right now at the onset of my cycle. It is uncomfortable. If you can, take an Ibuprofen. From what I have learned it could be something called costochronditis which is inflammation of the cartilage between the rib cage. It is not serious from what I understand but it is uncomfortable. It comes and goes on its own and there is no real way to treat it other than by taking an NSAID. It is more common in women than men though, go figure! Google it when you get the chance. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Hugs,

Sharlene

• Posted

Thank you Sharlene. I'm thankful for you kind ladies sharing your experiences. I'm glad to know I'm not alone but sorry for your discomfort. Not only uncomfortable but annoying. I guess what freaked me out the most was my the tightness just being on one side of my upper back then coming around to my ribs at times sad
    • Posted

Most of my symptoms are just that--annoying. I know deep down inside that all of this is peri related. The one that gets to me is the anxiety. I think I can deal with most of the other symptoms. But that anxiety is a beast!
    • Posted

I am in the middle of an awful medical menopause and also have a regular deep ache in my left side ,bottom rib going slightly round to the back. It has been worrying me a lot so it's good to know I'm not alone. Feels like I've been hit with a bat and bruised. 
    • Posted

Yes Susan its painful at times and very annoying! Sorry for the hard time you are going through just know you are not alone.

Hugs to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.