Pain in upper back, shoulder and elbow.

Posted , 1 user is following.

So a number of years ago I developed quite bad tennis elbow in my left arm. Still causes me some issues every now and then. I've also had quite a sore left shoulder which radiates down to my shoulder blade for a number of years as well. Just lately the pain has become quite bad...mainly under my left shoulder blade.

I have also had a degree of neck pain ever since I can remember. I'm sure all this is related to bad sleeping habits (I sleep on the couch most nights) and poor posture and sitting at a desk.

I've always had a fear of going to the doctor. Had a melanoma removed from my left shoulder in 2012 and ever since I've just been freaked out going back. So I always think the worst and that any shoulder or back pain is cancer!

Today is was reading that it is possible to have referred pain from neck issues. Can radiate down the arm, through the elbow to the hand..I do note that when I bend my head forward at a certain angle, I do feel the pain in my shoulder blade...

Anyway...I guess I know what people will advise...to go and get this checked out. I suppose I need to get over my anxietyof visiting the doctor first!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.