Pain in upper chest

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Have any of you had this pain in your upper chest right below the clavicle in the area that leads to your breasts? I was bending over while seated at the edge of my bed trying to put on my panty hose and when I sat up right I got this weird sticking stabbing feeling in that area. Now a day later I feel sore right there. Anyone else get pains in that area?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi - Sounds to me like acid reflux - i have had that before & it landed me in Urgent Care twice - you might want to check it out to be safe, but in the meantime try a shot of apple cider vinegar with water & see if you get relief - during this time, our imbalance in hormones really wrecks havoc on digestive system -

• Posted

aww ever so often i do and it feels like its stabbing while pulling . They say vit b helps but do check it

• Posted

That's sounds like acid reflux I could write a book on it sufferd with it for do many years try taking some gaviscon when you get over acid probably shot up in yo your gullet and burned you decision after meals will stop this happening try not to bed over if you can

• Posted

Thanks Gillian, it does seem to be related to my acid reflux. I think I have had that pain before in that area. It didn't hit me until I bent over and got back up quickly. I need to get some more Gaviscon. It does help a lot with the flare ups.

• Posted

Like the other ladies said, could be acid reflux, I have a small hiatas hernia and in menopause the extra reflux etc that happens caused me to have gastitis (inflammed stomach lining) and inflammation in this area can cause mild to severe pain and it can be quite worrying! I had an endoscopy for peace of mind, the doctors will normally prescribe ppi, s which reduce stomach acid to help healing x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.