Pain in upper right abdomen

Posted , 4 users are following.

just started this morning. when jarred (i ride a bus) or walking i feel a sharp but not serious pain right below my ribs. I have frequent constipation and wonder if that could cause the pain? I'm fine when jus sitting or standing.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi my love I get this all the time it's always under my right rib I also get constipated very quickly and have been using Senna and now on suppositories the pain is strange because it sometimes gets worse when I am constipated and then sometimes it will be there but I think maybe sometimes it's wind from the IBS I have had a ultrasound and they said they can't see anything unusual it's a mystery but a very painful mystery I would go to the doctors and explain what you're feeling make sure they give you some sort of test xxxxx

• Posted

sorry I meant left rib but I can also have it under my right rib but not as much xxxx

• Posted

hi there , i get similar pains whilst in bed, i have sleep on my back as cant on side because i get sudden pains same place 😭

• Posted

I've had something similar before, if I lie on that side it's better if I bend a little. standing upright when walking i can feel it, or sudden jarring. I took a stool softener and hoping it helps. It's not constant by any means, just now and then. It's almost like a pulling sensation, with slight pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.