Pain in upper stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All

So I got this weird pain on the left side of My stomach close to belly button. I think my anxiety with my perimenopause gave me a hernia 😑it seems like just when I started feeling better something else happens.

Last week my sister husband died and I think my personal paranoia fear stepped in and made my anxiety go thru the roof. My stomach was a mess and now it's worst...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi gilly.  I'm so sorry about your loss.  It has the same effect on me.  I don't have that pain.  My abdominal pain is in the gallbladder area. But I do get that stinkin anxiety!  ((Hugs))

• Posted

Thank you.

Just need positive energy to get me thru this😊

• Posted

An hiatal hernia usually occurs at the base of your esophagus with a bulge into your chest cavity.  Do you have a lump or bulge? Does it hurt when you cough, bend, or lift anything? 

The pain you're describing sounds like acid reflux, or GERD. But when in doubt see your medical provider. 

• Posted

Hi gilly, is it a weird piercing kind of pain? I have been getting that, just on the left of my belly button- it's like being stung by a bee or something ? I dunno if it's the same as you but I just kind of massage the spot with a confused look on my face until it subsides.....seems to have stopped but who knows! 😳

• Posted

Yes it is. But I also found that I'm going to the washroom more often to do and 1 and 2. And loss my appetite.

I'm going to check it out today and will update everyone later😊

• Posted

Hi gilly, i too get this strange pain left of belly button, it is like a sharp pain. i had it last year and had an ultra sound and found cysts on my ovaries. These went away but i am experiencing the same pains again. i believe i have got cysts again so will wait to see if this goes.i too have to go to the toilet more but put this down to anxiety xxx
    • Posted

Booked for my ultra sound next week.

My doctor said it could be my kidneys or Gaul stones...now I have to wait and see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.