pain in wrist

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi, i've recently been diagnosed with osteorarthritis in my wrists. The pain is pretty bad and pain killers aren't doing much. Any methods to help treat the pain?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You could try wrist/hand supports for arthritis. I got some from Amazon, just google them on amazon and see what comes up. They help when working and gloves at night. Hope this helps. You will still need pain control, ie; pain meds at regular intervals, not exceeding the recommended daily amount.
  • Posted

I find some wrist supports limiting.  Warmth is better for me.  I use half finger gloves (if it's not too cold) then you can carry on working/shopping/typing without any hindrance.  White gloves in the night.
    • Posted

Tubular elastic bandages are also very good.  I use them on wrists, knees and ankles.
  • Posted

I get injections in basal thumb both hands. I get relief for almost a year. My doctors surgery do them
  • Posted

I suffer with a lot of pain in my wrists too and I find wrist supports very helpful indeed, as well as finding the right painkiller for you, I also use Voltarol gel which helps a lot, but get it from the doctor as the one you can buy over the counter isn't very strong at all.

I also find the Diclofenac tablets really help with the pain when it gets too bad.

But I would defintely ask your doctor to refer you to the Rheumatology department at your hospital because they are amazing and so very helpful, they do lots of different tests to make sure you are on the best medication for your type, and supply lots of different wrist supports too

Hope I've helped a bit and you get your pain sorted real soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.