Pain inside vagina and inside of my pelvis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am quite concerned. I am twenty two years old and at the age of 21 they found my sister had pre cancerous cells and thankfully burned them however they've stopped doing smears for under 25.

Im now panicking that I have cervical cancer. I've had pain inside my vagina very high up, almost feels like it's on the left side of my pelvis and a heavy pressure sensation with pins and needles. It's very off putting and will be getting a doctors appointment Monday but was hoping for some reassurance. I also suffer very badly from health anxiety and perhaps the pain and everything is all fictional. I'm a mess at the minute to be honest because the pain feels very real and isn't even going with co codamol. I've had three kids and the thought of cancer has always terrified me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You’ve never had a pap? You said you had 3 kids usually they do a pap with each pregnancy...I’d say if this is the case and the doctors never called you with news that they found anything I wouldn’t worry. How old is ur sister? I heard it take a long time for anything sinister to happen down there that’s why they don’t start paps until 25. The pain could be in your head (not saying your making it up at all but I’ve had really bad anxiety where I “feel” real symptoms but it’s nothing” or perhaps an infection. Either way get checked for peace of mind. I’m sure everything will be fine! 
    • Posted

No, I've never had a pap smear. They never offered it to me due to being younger than the age. I did once have a speculum done for an infection though I am not sure if they'd be checking for cancerous cells.

I agree completely that anxiety can make you feel things, it blows everything out of proportion and cancer is my number one fear after watching my first serious partner die from a brain tumour. I've been struck by fear ever since.

Thank you again, I will go to doctors Monday and see what they can do x

• Posted

I think it's a good idea for all women to be familiar with the symptoms of all the gynaecological cancers. I suggest the gynaecological cancer charities are a good source of such information. I've had cervical cancer and in my case the symptoms were unusual (for me) vaginal discharge and vaginal bleeding. I had no pain despite the cancer being a stage 2an. But, as Rochelle says, do get checked by your doctor.

• Posted

Well done for fighting! ? I don't have any unusual bleeding or discharge but the pain is just getting worse, it feels like it's in the bone and it feels like it's hurting my left thigh at the very top of the pelvis. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.