Pain is almost unbearable.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had UCTD for 13 years now. Haven't taken any meds except paxil since I found out because don't want side effects. Also NSAIDS hurt my stomach. This weather is making me ache bad. Any suggestions?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Let's me understand this you don't want side effects so you are in UNBEAREABLE Pain....... Simple go see your GP who will prescribe something so you are no longer in pain, any side effects are likely to be a lot less than unbearable pain. 

Many people talk about drug side effects but I have been taking medication regularly for over 10 yrs and never had any side effects. You don't know unless you try 

• Posted

Hello Debbie, What is UCTD stand for. I have had arthritis for most of my life since childhood, so can say that even thou most drugs have some side effects, thou most are minor and vary from people to people that it outweighes the pain. I take Naproxen and Gaberpentin with Coedine and only side effect i have is tiredness. I would rather be tired then be in extreme pain. Go to your GP and ask for something. Cocodamol and Tramadol are best avoided. 

Best wishes

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Have to agree with Elizabeth, side effects are mostly much less uncomfortable than putting up with horrible continuous pain.  I also agree with her about avoiding tramadol and cocodamol, both of which are nasty and addictive.  Naproxen does upset my stomach even with a stomach protector like omeprazole etc., but the tummy upset is much more preferable to lying awake all night in agony from arthritis pain.  Some people seem to think that taking meds for pain is somehow 'giving in' - it so isn't - acute pain is very damaging to general body health, it stresses the system and will lower the body's resistance to many other things - see your GP and find something that helps - you won't regret it.
  • Posted

uCTD means Undifferiated Connective Tissue Disease. Not yet Lupus.  I appreciate the comments.  Maybe it will give me the push I need to do something about the pain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.