Pain just above belly button when pressed down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? There's also a strong pulse there like the heart has been misplaced or something. It hurts only when pressed down but it makes me wonder if it could be the cause of some other issues that I am having?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had a twitching feeling in my abdomen with my IBS and it can be sore to touch. The pulsing may be the spasms in your colon. Your gut may also be reacting to the stress and anxiety you are feeling. Keep going back to your doctor and explain all these symptoms and your anxieties. If necessary, change your doctor to get a definitive diagnosis.

• Posted

Dear Matthew,

Probably, just the way that humans are built. There tends to be a weakness around the tummy button which seems to be the same for everybody.

In my late forties I was sawing down a tree ably assisted by my youngest son. It would have been easier to say "let go " But we don't do that when children; 'help' . We just ignore it . Result; rupture of abdominal wall . G.P. verdict, "No surgeon is ever going to touch that." meaning, that the potential complications are just not worth a couple of stitches. So a stitch in time may be a lot more trouble than keeping our weight under control!

Good luck and see your G.P. that's what they get paid for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.