Pain just above bottom of left ribs in back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys

For a week or so now i have had awful pain which feels like it is just above the bottom of my left back ribs. when i am standing it is excrutiating, sort of feels like you feel when you bet a stitch, but much worse pain. i have also had like sort of,spasms along the upper part of my back/lower neck, and the very odd tingling down my left neck.

Thing is when i lay down it pretty much disappears. i haven't done any exercise, tbh, i don't really want to try and get a doctors appointment as it is virtually impossible, pain killers don't touch it, and other than laying down, moving my back position when upright ,makes zero difference.

can anyone offer me any advice please. i have searched online and it ranges from gas, to acid, to every form of cancer going to stress.

thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i would think your first port of call should be your GP. Anyone can speculate on what it is but for your own peice of mind get it checked out. You have probably just strained something but best to get checked don't you think. Good luck

• Posted

Yes - I agree...get to docs and meanwhile try some heat pad or hot water bottle on it when laying down or sitting in the chair...could help...hope it passes soon...x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.