Pain keeps coming back

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've sprained my knee and multiple ligaments in my foot. Most of the time I don't have a problem but any time I try to kneel or do any type of physical activity I end up coming home in a lot of pain. I sprained my knee about 8 years ago and I sprained my foot about 10 months ago. I could barely walk for about 4 weeks after I sprained my foot but I never used crutches or anything, although I did wrap and ice it every night. I just recently realized that I am not able to bend my toe much without it hurting and that I've been walking on my foot weird this entire time to prevent the pain. If they were both just sprains, then why am I in so much pain every time I put any pressure or do any type of physical activity? Should I go back to the doctor?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Cathey, How did they determine that your foot was only sprang ? Did they take x-rays back when you first hurt it ?  The pain your experiencing now does it feel like a sprang or different ? If it was me I would go back to some kind of Doctor and let them x-ray it and see if something has changed from when you first hurt it . You can't take chances with your body if it's that much pain and your toe hurts when you move it there's no telling what you could have done.

• Posted

I would see the doctor again.  And you might need to see a foot doctor too.  I've had surgery on both my knees but I still have problems. I also had fluid taken out and had a cortisone shot in one knee.But they still hurt!

• Posted

I went to the doctor for my foot and they told me I sprained multiple ligaments but their technology could not detect a hairline fracture. I'm wondering if it was a hairline fracture that healed improperly

• Posted

cathey63473, I think that's the problem with alot of our problems, because if we had something wrong that they didn't find at the start it is reasonable that we would have problems. I think that is what happened to me and my wrist. when things go and they aren't set right then we pay for it. I have had doctors who are my friends when they ask about my hand/arm ask me if they did a bone scan on me and when I would tell them no, they said I don't see why not because a bone scan shows the bone in motion and that if a fracture wasn't visible on an x-ray and problems were still happening that alot of times on a bone scan the fracture would show up and then they could see what they missed, I don't know why they don't want to check things like that out when that would be the most reasonable thing to do when someone else has seen a fracture that they are saying they don't see or they'll tell you there is no fracture. I hope things get better with you and you find something out keep us updated on what you find out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.