Pain left lower abdomen & by belly button .. Bactrim?

Posted , 1 user is following.

on friday i went to ER for lower left abdomen pain and they did urine bloodwork & CT scan .. CT was normal as well as blood but dr said i had a bladder infection and started me on Bactrim liquid 20 ML twice a day started friday night

Started the meds and felt better until day 3.. i didnt eat much that day just a bagel with cream cheese and again bbq at 3 but was super nauseos .. started feeling sick to my stomach but dr said to keep taking it for my UTI to go away

monday comes and im a little nauseous but better im eating.. by mid evening i got bad stomach cramps.. i could barely stand but it felt more like gas pains & my stomach was growling and i felt gassy.. but couldnt handle pain so went back to ER where they did bloodwork again and checked my urine.. the dr checked my chart from friday & said i didnt have a bladder infection to stop the bactrim & they wanted me to go do a Ultra sound of my ovary.. i didnt have anybody to go puck me up so i told him id go on my own the next day.. i was upset that i wasnt diagnosed right but then i talked to nurse and she said i did have blood in urine.. by then i was frusrtaed cause im sick bad i believe from this medicine..

we are tuesday and i went to ER but a different one owned by same company .. they did an US of my ovary and urine & blood everythibg is fine normal but i cried cause im nauseaous and my stomach is upset and i dont feel good but no answers and ahe couldnt tell me why i had upset tummy.. has anybody experienced this..

could it be bactrim?

right now im 24 hours since the last time i took it.. i feel nauseous off and on.. i feel constipated.. upset tummy and i can hear my tummy.. plz help i have no answers and pharmacist said it may take 48 more hours for the bactrim to be out of my system...

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.