Pain left side a couple inches of bellybutton and continues to the back. Doctors can't find answers

Posted , 7 users are following.

Only thing found was gallstones and bulging discs L4-5 and S1-2. If bladder gets full during night I wake up with sever pain in sacral area. I wake every morning with sciatica pain which goes away after moving. I do also have digestive issues. Fullness feeling and sever bloating all the time. Can't figure out if this is all related or separate issues. I feel as though something is torn or blocked on my left side causing most of the pain I'm in every day. Doctors want me to try cymbalta and is blaming depression. However my pain is real..Who do I see to rule out a torn muscle and or a hernia? Please respond I've been in pain for the last two years.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi cinder, so you've been diagnosed of gallstones? what are all your symptoms?

• Posted

found gallstones while doing an ercp for pancreatitis. no problems with pancreas just multiple small stones. I have pain about an inch or two left of bellybutton area that seems to emerge through the back. Sever bloating and indigestion no matter what I eat. I do occasionally get upper right shoulder pain and sometimes very rare cramping feeling where gallbladder is. They want me to go for another bile

( billy) test. I do occasionally get heartburn, nausea. Generally feel weak all the time. Manage to work my 8 hours then done for the day! i wake in pain and notice if my bladder fills up at night I wake in severe lower sacreal back pain and pressure. I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago and wonder if it might have caused some issues to my health. I just feel so poor all the time and have seen several doctors and test. However, I wish that I could find answers about the pain in my left side which has been an ongoing issue for over two years now. Doctor says she don't see any bulging so no hernia. I have read that bulging doesn't always show. Any advice or questions is most appreciated.

• Posted

I do have gallstones myself. i have constant pain around my bellybutton, MRI last year from emergency room revealed gallstones. fastforward 5 months later i had ultrasound due to a elevated liver enzymes only showed gallstones, liver, pancreas, and kidneys looked normal. I do get painful indigestion/heartburn like feels in my center upper abdomen when i eat certain foods. Occasional loose stools here and there. i stayed away from a lot of stuff like fried foods, just fatty or oily stuff in general. for you they ruled out pancreatitis correct? your bloodwork everything within normal range?

• Posted

ask for an endescopy and that will tell you more about your indigestion etc

• Posted

Joseph 98786

I was on acid blockers for the last 10 years and started not to be able to absorb nutrition. One gastro did endo and colon. Found some pileups and removed. That was almost two years ago. Then another gasto placed me on pancreatic meds to strong. made issues worse. Another gastro placed me back on nexium and I can no longer take them. After starting them back up. I became severely nauseous and diarrhea. Awaiting another appointment with gastro again. Since this all started I lost 25 lbs and at least back up in my weight. I've had two doctors say fibromyalgia. I feel that fibro pain is in multiple locations that doesn't fit my pain location. I do feel the pain is much worse by air/indigestion/ bladder fullness.

• Posted

Sounds to me as if its related to gallbladder after all you have got stones,are you getting the gallbladder removed?

• Posted

Townko,

Not having my GB removed as of yet. Doctors think I should. Actually I am afraid to. I heard horror stories of people who have had more issue after removing. Like every time they eat it goes right through them. Plus continued cramping.

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed. If you want to avoid it you should look into the meds they offer now to try and dissolve stones. I've read some about that since my surgery two decades ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.