Pain Management

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with Lichen sclerosis and had a really bad flare 3 weeks ago. It's better, but it burns terribly. What do you use for the burning. I used steroid cream twice a day for 2 weeks plus I took 40 mg of prednisone for 3 days. I'm down to using the steroid cream once a day and I use emu oil once a day as well. I also have tried vinegar bath soaks and borax/soda bath soaks. God do I get rid of the burning??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I found out that steroids cause burning if too much is used. We should only use a pea size portion of it and gently massage it onto the affected area. I think it is kind of trial and error that taught me how to control it in the vaginal area. I have not had the same success on my breasts and pelvis. Hope your condition improves soon. Hugs.

• Posted

I wondered if steroids could cause burning. I was getting better, but had such a flare. Thanks for the hugs. Could use them!
  • Posted

I hope you use the smallest amount of clobetasol. 

?Emu oil should be comforting or perhaps try coconut oil or even aloe vera from the plant.  I've used all three at various stages. 

Especially in the beginning it is very trying and not exactly knowing what to do. 

?I had to leave out all added sugar,  alcohol,  cheese from cow's milk, milk and gluten - perhaps it also helps to check your diet.

?And then there is stress, not so good either, but hard to not live with just a small amount of stress some days. 

?Wear cotton underwear.  Don't use any soaps. 

?Enough rest/sleep has also been helpful to calm things down.   

• Posted

Thanks. I immediately done research and my doctor was very good too. I only wear cotton and I use no soap. I did have extensive labs done hoping to find some relief somewhere.

Stress....my job is stressful plus I working on the side so I can be my own boss.

Thanks for the advice.

• Posted

Hi, have you tried sudocrem, that eased my buning x
    • Posted

I have not tried it, but I will. I also use essential oils, but wanted to get things under control before I try them.
    • Posted

Have you tried running cool water over it then sitting with an ice pack on it? I cover the ice pack with a cloth to keep the area free from bacteria. A painkiller may help too. 

Some say chamomile tea bags help. Ugh, the things we have to do! Feel better soon hugs. 

• Posted

Have you tried sitting in a just warm bath and also when you go to pee use a spray bottle with water in to wash away any urine because if your sore it will hurn more Aldo I fomtimes use sudocrem and I ware loose clothing and only cotton knickers they are also loose and go without if I can

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.