Pain management

Posted , 2 users are following.

My pain management provider just dismissed me b/c I was out of state and not available for a pill count. I'm so discouraged, upset, and in such severe pain. It takes weeks to see another dr. I can't handle it anymore. Oh to sleep and not wake up

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please don't be discouraged. There must be someone else in this field who can provide the service you need. Persevere, keep looking and try to rejoin the service of the provider if you can. Explain why you out of the state, beg if you have to!

I wish you well.

x

• Posted

Thanks Susan, I have left a message at the pain clinic asking for a conversation with the PA who dismissed me. There are a couple of other clinics in my area, but it will take weeks to get in. I've fought lupus for 35 yrs. I just don't have any fight left. How in heaven can a PA be so cruel and callous? I'm an RN and know without a doubt that I can be reinstated, however, I don't believe I will be. I would never treat a patient the way she has treated me. I am honestly without any hope for the future. 

• Posted

It's disgusting how some in our so called caring profession (I too am an RN) treat those they are supposed to be helping! I have something in the autoimmune disease bracket but have yet to get an actual name for it! My experience of it, though, is quite mild in comparison with many of the people on this forum. My main issue is at present is trigeminal neuralgia, by far the most hideous pain I have ever had. I barely get a denting of the pain from all the medication so I understand how you feel about your pain!!

Keep your chin up, as we say here in dear old Blighty!

• Posted

Don't be discouraged, please, life is a gift and you're a nice person, certainly someone else will help you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.