Pain management for GP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed w/ GP last year & had constant nausea for months at first. An endoscopy found I had a bezoar which now I’m a high risk for getting one again which scares the luving life out if me. A gastric emptying test was what finally diagnosed what I had.

The nausea is still thete some days but I  stopped trying to be a superhero by toughing it out & taking peppermint lozengers & always carrying crackers. As of late I’ve been dealing w/ terrible pain that is really affecting my quality of life. The only thing that seems to subside the pain is by taking Klonopin. Has anyone used Klonopin to manage their pain? I know it’s not in my head & while I hate feeling drowsy from it, its a heck of alot better than being doubled over in pain w/ a heating pad on my stomach for hours. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If taking Klonopin lessons your pain, then I am happy for you.  I am praying that eventually I will stop having abdominal pain, bloating .  Hopefully my pain is due to going off of the drug gabapentin.  I have not used Klonopin so I really cannot help you very much; just pray for you.
  • Posted

Could you please give more info about yourself like sex age and weight, so i could consult with a doctor about your nausea.
    • Posted

And if you have any other illneses exept GP

Like if youre diabetic ect..

• Posted

Thanks David but I will see what happens and if it is connected with gabapentin withdrawal.  let's say I am over 65 and it is not nausea that is the symptom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.