Pain Management for TN

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am going to my health provider on the 20th. I am on 3/300mg x 3 times a day plus maybe 5 extra when I feel pain all at once.

I had to pull over and let my wife drive as I was screaming at the top of my lungs in pain. What in the actual hell happened to me? I could move talk breathe . I had to think about breathing because the pain took my breathe away. I passed out pretty sure due to pain for 6 hours after my episode .

I have constant pain 7/10 and irritability 10/10

My episodes of severe imobilizing pain , 2 a week maybe 1 if I'm lucky. If I miss my dose by a small time frame in stuck with intense pain until it decides to go away on its own. I do not want surgery because well it scares me.

I need something for my constant pain and breakthrough pains. My doctor is a moron I want to go and tell him " This worked for Randy may I try this for my pain! Or I will jump out of this 3 story window and end it because I can not take it anymore.

I don't leave my house. My blinds stay closed I can't eat I can't sleep I can't focus I already lost a new job of two weeks because I went to the ER due to my face because it's getting that bad that I want to be at a hospital because I feel like something is scrapping out from my head.

I'd rather and alien burst out of my chest.

I need pain management regimes. My wife I can tell its taxing on her to see me rolling around on the ground drooling from my face because I'd be crying and yelling because of the pain. My son.. Out of all the things I couldn't not want more .. He is my trigger I try to get to him 24/7 so he won't cry but his cry cause my ear to explode and then boom pain.

My ear drum have been in more and more pain with each episode .

Only complete dark and silence brings me any peace..

Please help me I'm begging you.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

TN sucks,

Have you have your provider refer you to a neurologist. Ask the neurologist about the different methods to give u a little relief from TN.

Neurologist will refer you to a neurosurgeon, when you get to the neurosurgeon discussed all the method of treatment for TN with your. Surgeonsuggests MVD leave it as a last resort and discuss it with your family.

MVD has a lomg recovery time and a lot of problems it will actually take a toll on your family,

From my experience with MVD I really wish I could drive one of the other methods.

God bless

Us and keep us and give us peace

• Posted

Are you any better? I've started Laser therapy. Seems to be working

• Posted

I'm so sorry this is so bad for you.  Mix up those meds.  Opiates will at least knock you out.  Not very good advice but for the short time.  I've been on Carbemazepam for years, and then when that stopped working, I had MVD surgery.  That didn't work, but it was worth a shot!  I was on a cocktail of Carbemazapam, Gabapentin and a muscle relaxer which kept it under control.  Just had my second MVD surgery.  Anything to make it stop!

• Posted

My cocktail is oxcarbazepine (aka trileptal), baclafen, norco. Minor breakthrough pain as I've been at the same level for a couple of years. Hopefully I won't have to increase anytime soon. I was where you are - terrible - unbearable pain. Your post looks to be a couple of months old - I hope you've found a solution already, but wanted to share mine in case what you have isn't enough. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.