Pain Management ideas?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I was wondering what everyone does for pain from inflammation? I have testicular pain from a failed left varicocele procedure a year ago that causes severe inflammatory pain in the groin and scrotum whenever I do a lot of physical activity including sex. I take Ibuprofen with codein and ketorolac and have to lie down with an ice pack for a few hours.

In 2 weeks I will get what is called a scrotal nerve block which is an jnjection of an anti-inflammatory (cortisone) into the spermatic cord that should help for a few months and then repeat.

Does anyone have any other ideas for pain management I could try? When i get these flare-ups they last for days and completely shut me down. Thankfully it does not interfere with my ability to CIC. Thanks. Howard

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It seems like a varicocele is basically a varicose vein in the testicle. Can I ask if you also have varicose veins in your legs? As I see it hemorrhoids are also varicose veins in the rectum usually cause by too much straining during bowel movements. Could a varicocele also be caused by straining during bowel movements? Just thinking out loud here.

Sorry to hear about the pain your going through. This is three years later, have you found anything that improved your situation ?

Thomas

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.