Pain meds

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi..I am trying to find alternatives for pain meds. I am weaning myself off the the more powerful ones given per prescription. I am taking OTC pain meds less than 500 mg per capsule. What else have worked for anyone? Kind of in pain and still restless in middle of no where! Just Kidding 😊 anything you say is appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Comfrey cream

And arctic blast 

Both have given some light relief coupled with paracetamol stops me reaching for the coodamol 

• Posted

Thank you for the information and good luck on your recovery as well.
  • Posted

Yeah I know what you going through.

Just ask your doctor for Motrin in a prescription it's a higher dose. That probably work on you!!

• Posted

I will look into it on my next follow up on the 27th. My nerves been driving me crazy now with summer into fall....I feel it more. I had to take oxy the pain became unbearable. Thanks for responding. GOOD LUCK to you ss well with recovery.
  • Posted

I can't take Advil (ibuprofen) - makes me horribly sick.

So if the pain is "bad" especially at night - I don't try to be a martyr. I just take my Vicodin (hydrocodone w/Tylenol) or Tramadol. I definitely don't use the Oxy unless I'm screaming in pain. And I can cut the Vicodin in half too. I can't put anything on my wounds cause I'm still in a cast. 

But I think you should try Motrin/Advil and/or Tylenol for the pain. But be careful with them too. My mother had rotary cuff surgery and was taking Advil on a daily basis due to her inability to stomach the Percocets. Well Advil causes high blood pressure and water retention. So her doctor told her to switch to Tylenol for a while. 

Good luck. 

Missy 

• Posted

I had to take Oxy last night with the weather change and nerves its was painful. The chills from being cold!! Ouch . Thanks for the information. Good Luck on your recovery ss well.
  • Posted

Marijuana is legal here - I tried high CBD, low THC combination, provided pain relief with virtually no psychoactive properties. I did not smoke marijuana prior to ankle break. I also bought a high grade CBD oil, zero psychoactive property. It also worked but is very expensive, drops right under the tongue. CBD is legal to mail everywhere. 

• Posted

my parents swear by taking two tylenol and an Aleve at the same time
  • Posted

I use high CBD low THC and is seems to be helping a little.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.