Pain nail damage

Posted , 3 users are following.

imagei have pain acrylic nail damage to my right middle finger. my acrylic lifted up at the bottom near the nail bed. no the nail bed did not lift up with the acrylic but it broke my real nail in half underneath. i cant pull it off because it feels like its stuff to some meat under the nail n on the side. idk what to do

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It will grow back eventually, so it is a matter of time. You can always put a plaster to protect it if you think you need it.

• Posted

You need to do a few things...

1.-Keep your acrylic nail cut the length of your real nail. That way you don't get it caught again.

2. -Put some medical tape or a bandaid around your nail to keep the acrylic pressed up against your real nail. It will lessen the pain. Don't put it on tight. If you feel throbbing, it's too tight. Take it off to let it air out sometimes. Any time you get it wet, change it. You need to make sure your finger and nail are completely dry before putting another piece on. You don't want moisture under it. Lots of nasty things can grow if it's wet.

3. -Keep the tape on until your real nail grows out, and keep it clipped short so you can't get it caught. Eventually, it will grow out, and only then should you use another acrylic.

4. I'd try keeping them shorter than what's in the pic. The shorter they are, the less likely you are to have to deal with this again.

5. Take up to 20,000 micrograms of Biotin to help your nail grow out faster. It also helps strengthen them and your hair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.