Pain near left testicle/perineum area that radiates down leg and sole of foot; frequent urination

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, I'm a 27 year old male. For the past 3 years I've been having issues related to the urinary system. Other than this and the medication I'm taking for hypothyroidism, I've got no other issues.

Here are the symptoms I've been facing so far:

• Pain at the side of the left testicle, near the base where it connects to the perineum. This pain comes in phases, such that some days I'm completely fine and other times there's a dull ache. Not a sharp pain. If I press on it, I can feel a spot where it specifically hurts. I also had this pain back in 2015 and my doctor suspected prostatitis, gave me some antibiotics and I was more or less fine. Until 2019.
  • Whenever I get this pain, I can feel a dull ache running down from the testicle along the inner thigh all the way to the sole of my left foot. It's in the middle and near the ball of the foot. Just like the testicle, there's a specific spot where if I press it hurts more. Both pains happen at the same time.
  • Strong urge to pee after ejaculation.
  • Unable to fully empty bladder and/or having to go to pee within a few minutes after just having urinated.
  • Waking up at the middle of the night to pee.

What have I done about it:

• Went to the doctor again in January 2019 and was told it might be pudendal neuralgia. I got busy with life and didn't do much about it until 2020. Also it didn't bother me as much.
  • In November 2020, a routine urine test found erythrocytes in urine. Around the same time, my waking up at night to pee became worse and an every night thing.
  • Did a follow-up urine test in February 2021 and bacteria was found. And I was having burning pee in the morning, cloudy urine, and even got a fever. Classic UTI symptoms, which was a first time for me. Got referred to a urologist.
  • Cystoscopy: Bladder looks good, but signs of enlarged prostate
  • Ultrasound: One kidney seemed swollen
  • CT Scan: Follow-up of ultrasound, but turns out kidney is actually fine and no signs of kidney stones. Everything looked good.
  • Urine cytology: Negative for cancer cells in bladder
  • From February to March, I had gone on antibiotics for 3 sets of 2 weeks. Even though the bacteria cleared up after the first set, erythrocytes were still there.
  • After the third set, erythrocytes were still there but urologist decided to just try this AOR Prostate Support supplement and cut down on caffeine and spicy foods, which I did. Symptoms did get better for the past 2 months and there was even a whole week where I didn't have to wake up at night to pee but then it randomly came back again.
  • The latest urine test in June showed that erythrocytes are still there but a bit less. Urinalysis microscopic HPF detected bacteria again! But weirdly urine culture was negative. This is the latest update and I have a doctor's appointment in a couple days.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I am just trying to see if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms. It feels weird that I have pain in the testicle and foot, and peeing issues. Are these all related? I would appreciate any experience so I can work with the doctor and maybe also give my suggestions to them.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I'm sorry I don't have a good answer for you but I came here with the same problem even though I'm female. I got 3 infected razor bumps (I think) on my left outer labia and since then i have dull ache radiating to the left side of my vagina, to my left hip, left thigh and sometimes reaches the sole of my left foot. I also have pain urinating (still only on the left side somehow) and even when I feel the urge to pee. I also pee way more often. It's strange and I can't get help due to my working schedule.

Hope everything turns out fine for you!

• Posted

Hey there, thanks for replying! Sorry to hear you're going through similar pains. Hope things turn out well for you too. I'll be very curious to know what your diagnosis ends up being since my symptoms are very similar. Just ridiculous that it's been going on for 3+ years.

• Posted

Update (2021-10-19): My latest urine test results finally show that everything is clear! I never thought this day would come. Erythrocytes are within the limit, no bacteria. I'm really hoping this is not a one-off thing and that it stays good.

The only changes I made to my diet/supplements is that in addition to twice a day of AOR Prostate Support that was advised by my doctor (been taking this for several months now), I started taking one pill of Cranberry Extract + D-Mannose (both come in the same pill) and one pill of Saw Palmetto every day. I heard that D-Mannose might work for some people experiencing UTI and I just took a shot at it. I'm not sure if that's what actually worked, but that's the main thing that was changed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.