Pain near op site.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this? No pain until 9 months after op, and left toe near op site is achey, and twinges when put more weight or stand on too long. I have the doctors on monday.

Any stories?

Thanks smile xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica

I had big toe fusion about 12 weeks ago.

The toe right next to my big toe is turning in and rubs on the big toe and causes pain if I walk too much. I am trying a spacer between the toes. Takes a little getting used to but I hope it helps.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi walkalot,

Thank you for the advice, I hope my doctor can tell me whats wrong lol. My operation was different sort - double akin and scafs.

Hope your operation went well, sounds your recovery is going ok as you are walking and up about.

Good Luck with your recovery!

• Posted

Hi Jessica I had.similar surgery to you around 18 months ago.Like you I recovered well then I had problems with pain and weight bearing 10 months post op.I had a few screws and staples in and around my big toe but they seemed fine the problem was with opposite side below my little toe as it also had a screw fitted.I had what felt like electric shock right down the side of my foot and could only wear fitflop sandals could not wear a closed shoe or slipper of any kind.The reason was the screw under little toe had worked it's way out so was very loose and was causing me a lot of trouble with weight bearing and pain.I ended up having to use a crutch as was only way I could get around.Having had OA for 27years I was told my bones were bit soft so screw loosened.Was like that for 6 months but eventually had it removed on 8th January under local anesthetic still had to go to operating theatre though to have it removed.As soon as it was out I could move around better.Its still not quite healed yet but it's so much better. I now have TKR coming up on 18th February so hoping it's fully healed by then.You need to have word with you're surgeon maybe or have X ray done to check everything is as it should be.Good luck and hope you're recovery continues without any more problems.
    • Posted

Hi Mayrilyn,

Thank you for your reply, it sounds your surgery was different to mine. I have plate and 1 screw, 2 pins each big toe. what did you have done?

Good that you had the problem screw removed and now are starting recovery process to being fully mobile again smile  Im sorry I dont understand the abbreviation TKR?

I have my doctors booked, and will see what he says. With my surgeon I had an open appointment for the first 6 months, but now I would go back on the waiting list to see him again I think. As much as I would be dissapointed if I had to face surgery again, I gues you want things done the right way.

I wish you all the best in your recovery smile

Thank you

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.