Pain, Oesophageal/Chest Discomfort, Lung Issues after Upper Endoscopy! Please Help :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

Two months ago i had an upper endoscopy where multiple biopsies were taken from my oesophagus and stomach. I initially had the endoscopy due to bad indigestion/reflux and discomfort on swallowing. Results came back all good, however i have been so incredibly unwell since the procedure, so much so that I have lost 4-5 kgs.

For 3 days after the procedure i had sharp pain on swallowing on the right side of my oesophagus in my upper chest. The pain subsided but has now come back especially when drinking water/eating. For the whole two months i have had an awful discomfort in my oesophagus making me dry retch/gag and vomit on most days. I want to eat but it is so uncomfortable. I have tried soups and pureed foods and it just is not healing. I have also been coughing so much because my right lung (parallel to where the pain in my oesophagus is) is so irritated when i breathe, and i have been wheezing a lot.

Has anyone experienced anything like this at all or knows what it could be? Could it be an injury to my oesophagus? I am so concerned and just want to feel better, my oesophagus and right lung feel swollen and inflamed, and it is so awful 😦

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The feeling of discomfort from the procedure has adjusted the sensitivity of the stomach, and oesophagus. Try yogurts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.