pain oin left arm and numbness on face cheek

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all does anyone get these symptons i have pain down my left arm tingling on my fingers and my face feels hot on left side kinda like its numb ive done all the checks and my doc says its all aniexty can anyone relate to this

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get this! I get it in my hands feet and face when am about to have a panic attack
    • Posted

thanks for ur reply kev its put my mind at ease do u have the numbness and pain down ur arm for a few days after your attack i do for a few days but then goes away till the next attack cums on im goin doin hypnosis tomorow to c if i can get these attacks under control ive tryed meds and therepy but to no avail
    • Posted

Yep u get this aswell 

I have days where im like that all day 

I have meds for it but after reading all the comments on here and seeing people try and stay of them im trying aswell and I feel a lot better today. 

Its so helpful to read stuff on here though really puts me at ease

One other thing thats helping me is co enzyme q10 which helps reduce stress and I also take magnesium tablets which releases muscle tension 

Also try to do plenty exercise I find that helps me a lot

smile Hope you're okey landy x

• Posted

thanks for ur reply joshua ya ive been doin good for the last few days my hypnosis that im seeing tomorowwen i booked my appointment he sent me a link to listen to everyday for 21 days relaxing tape with suggestions ive been listening for 4 days now and i dont seem to be thinking as much as i used to my mind used to go a million miles with hypnosis tomorow i hav this feeling its goin to help ive been in great form the last couple of days the best ive been in along timebiggrin
    • Posted

Thats great to hear it really is 

I was in a bad place for the ladt three days but I feel great today 

I have times were stress gets me really bad with it but thats due go work load

Unfortunately I can't control that so I have to learn to manage my anxiety

I find at really bad times talking to you lot helps me so much smile

• Posted

thats good to hear this site helps me alot to hope u have many more good days than bad and eventually we mite be free from this horrible thing
  • Posted

What do you mean "you've done all the checks?"  What is your age, smoking status and other risks for heart attack?  If your Dr. is not a Cardiologist and just administered an EKG, see if you can get to a Cardiologist.  I'm sorry I don't understand UK medical care, but I guess you have to convince someone you have good reason to see one.  If you are young, not overweight, don't smoke, then chances are you have no cardiac condition.  However, you can have numb and tingling either side fingers, arm and feel flushed on one or both sides if you have a nerve impingement in your neck.  A simple x-ray won't show it most of the time.  You must get a CT Scan or MRI.  If you lift something heavy or turn the wrong way quickly any time after the initial injury, you can have sudden pain because of swelling.  It will take a few days to a week of complete rest, moist heat, and Ibuprophen.  Unfortunately, it's something that may reoccur again and again, so be careful how much you lift and how you turn your neck.
    • Posted

Way to go Gypsarella 

This is an anxiety forum and you telling people to and get and mri scan .

They don't just hand them things out you know 

Supposed to help eachother keep calm not worry people even more

• Posted

hi gypsarella yhanks for ur reply but i agree with joshua u shud not post things like that on a aniexty forum ull make people worse im 35 year old male 12 stone fit as a fiddle run 5kms every morning have had all test ecg mri bloods etc i have been diagnosed with health aniexty and that has to do with things i see and do at my job as a firefighter i see some awful things so u can agree thats why i feel the way i do im getting things under control i used to be alot worse
    • Posted

Well, good for you, Joshua.  You're the only one who has been snarky in all the forums I've read so far.  It is very appropriate to rule out any medical cause when the symptoms are physical.  And yes, any doctor worth anything will refer the patient for a diagnostic test for that.  Maybe not where you live, but in the States.  It's called responsible treatment.  These forums are not for feel good therapy, but to share suggestions and experiences to give people a way to go and let them know they are not alone.  I'm a registered nurse and have years of working with doctors.
    • Posted

Now that you have listed exactly what diagnostic tests you have had I have a better picture.  Initially you said your doc said it was all anxiety, not that you were diagnosed with anxiety disorder.  Some people are so afraid of doctors they just worry and suffer and finally things get so out of hand that their body starts displaying signs of stress.  If you were that person, you'd be very relieved if it turned out to be a pinched nerve in your neck which could be treated.  That is why I posted what I did-to make sure people with physical manifestations first get physical causes ruled out.  As I explained to Joshua, I am a very experienced Registered Nurse and of course would do nothing to make people worse.  In view of all the different diagnostic testing you've now posted, I wouldn't have suggested what I did. I merely suggested you get what you already had done but did not identify.  All the best to you!
    • Posted

thanks for ur reply gypsarella we just got our wires crossed thanks for ur info much appreciated im getting seen tomorow for pinched nerve in neck goin to physio my doc says my symptoms resemble a pinch nerve but could also be  my aniexty would i have to get a xray for pinched nerve
    • Posted

Glad to help.  You'd have to get some sort of definitive test to show proof and exact location of nerve impingement to know exactly what area to do ultrasound treatment or where to release pressure during physical therapy.  So glad you will be getting it sorted out.  Good luck!
  • Posted

If not anxiety if it is there continuously you may have a trapped nerve between the spinal column and your arm.  The numbness may not be linked to the arm pain but I don't know about the face.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.