Pain on both sides in groin

Posted , 4 users are following.

for the last few days I have been having pain both sides in the groin area. It is beginning to worry me. Has anyone else had this please

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It may be something it may be nothing get in to your doctors on Monday.  Don't Google it you'll just scare yourself more and it may make it worse.  You could try heat for the pain. 

• Posted

Hi lorraine70550

You don't mention how old you are..groin pain usually indicates degeneration in the hips....you will need xrays to confirm...or perhaps probs with your ovaries which will need an ultrasound scan to confirm....visit your doc and ask for xrays and ultrasound...best wishes....

• Posted

Hi Lilian I am 68 I have had a full hysterectomy so I don't think that is the problem. I have recently had a cystoscopy and a CT scan on bladder and kidneys as I have had UTIs everything was ok. However I have to go to a Urology clinic in October because I need to wee many times during the day and night and that is really getting me down and now these pains. Really fed up.

• Posted

Hi lorraine70550

Your Urology consultant may want to carry out a Urodynamics test to see how much urine your bladder can hold before wanting to urinate...he can then diagnose an overactive/sensitive bladder......I had the very same thing...i was diagnosed with a sensitive and overactive bladder.......but when it was discovered my B12 was low and had B12 injections every three months that problem went away.....as we get older we cannot absorb B12 through our gut and ilium because the intrinsic factor that helps the B12 through diminishes and some medication stops it absorbing such as metformin for type2 diabetes.......perhaps it would be a good isea to get your B12 checked..for elderly people it should be near the 500 level....and yes I had pain in the groin....that has gone too...Best wishes at your appointment and diagnosis....

• Posted

Thank you Lilian.

Before I go to the urology clinic I have to measure how much I drink the time and how much I wee and the time. I have to do this for 3 days so I guess that is a similar thing.

• Posted

Hi lorraine70550

Yes i had to record how many times i used the loo and the volume of urine and what i drank...but with a Urodynamics test you are attached to apparatus that measures volume and sensitivity and a monitor which can give accurate readings of what is going on with your bladder....it doesn't take long and is not too invasive..your Urologist may not feel the need for a Urodynamics test...i'm sure he/she will discuss it with you.....wishing you a happy conclusion

• Posted

Sometimes I get this type of pain during my period cycle and it can vary in intensity.  It can affect one sde or the other.  My doctor told me this was common with the period.  However, see your doctor to find out the exact cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.