Pain on left abdominal while walking

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am experience a slight pain in my left abdomials (just above my left hips) but it only happens when i am walking. I just wanna know what is causing the pain and should i seek medical help? Its been there for a few weeks. I go to the gym regularly and also play football regularly so it might be some kind of muscle strain? But im not really sure so i need some help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would see your doctor if you have had pain for this length of time.
    • Posted

Yeah i was planning to go visit the doc if the pain persists. Was just trying to see if anyone else has the same problem or have experienced it before and get more info on whether it is serious or not
  • Posted

my next door neighbour had this pain & after a ct scan he was found to have an aneurism in one of the arteries in that region.  could also be swollen tendons. i would go to your doc -mention these 2 possibles & perhaps they can get you to have a ct scan or ultrasound.  the first suggestion is quite serious & if you have one it needs adressing so please don't leave it.

• Posted

Hopefully it isnt something serious. I dont think its serious anyways. Its kind of an on-off thing where by someday i get it and other days its ok. I'd better get it checked anyways

• Posted

The location is crucial and during physical examination by doc a lot can be guessed already. It could also be a trochanteric bursitis. This only hurts when walking, when the glut. med muscle causes friction passing over it. 

It would be just above the crest of your hip bone, the top of it, if pressed it hurts.

Ultrasound can confirm or rule out bursitis or tendinopathy.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.