Pain on left side mid quadrant don't know what it is

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having pain on the left side mid quadrant for almost 2 years and radiates up and down. It is mild and sometimes is moderate. Don't know what it is. Have anyone experience this ? Please my doctor wants to do an exploratory procedure and don't want to do Ct or MRI

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could be IBS if your bowel habits have changed, if you are intolerant to certain foods, have temporary relief after a bowel movement or stress sets it off.  IBS can be mild, moderate or severe What exploratory procedure does you doctor want to do and why does he/she not want to do a CT/MRI?
    • Posted

No they are doing a abdominal ultrasound. I suggest them imaging to make sure something in there. They don't know what kind of pain so u told them no surgerie until they find out . I'm scare of the worse.

• Posted

On the positive side, nothing may be found which would suggest you have nothing serious going on. If you don't want exploratory surgery, push for an MRI or CT.  These scans would show up any problems.  Perhaps see someone else if you are not satisfied.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.