Pain on left side right below rib, going around to back

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had chronic diarrhea going on 3 months now. I have been having a sharp pain on my left side right where my rib ends and it radiates around to my back. I have recently started vomiting and feeling drained lately. No blood in stool or vomit. Ive also been getting really bad headaches. I had blood work done a month ago. My blood platelets were high. I asked my doctor why they were high and she just said it was probably because I smoke. My kidney and liver panel were normal. I haven't been under stress and Ive tried to watch what foods I eat. But I still have this pain. It does seem to hurt more when I first wake up and after I eat. I have told my doctor about the pain and diarrhea but she just seems to blow me off. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I feel like going to the hospital but I hate going there unless I absolutely have to.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ooh no Kristin,  this is rubbish,  go back you shouldn't be so sick.  You need to work out when it's happening and is it after eating bread or something else or food in general or is it something else.  Get back into your doctors.  Beg for help.  Good luck.  It's shxx for you if not anything else - excuse the pun! 

• Posted

Its really bad in the morning and it doesn't matter what I eat. Even light foods. It still hurts.

• Posted

Try a food diary since you get pain after eating.  It may uncover a food intolerance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.