Pain on left side. Under Ribcage

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about 3/4 days ago i was sat in my room and got a pain in my gut and a pain on my left side. Decided to sleep to see if it would go. I woke the next morning and it had gotten worse. Not bad so i'm unable to do anything just worse than the night before. I had been drinking over the weekend so i thought my system may have been backed up a bit. But as the days have gone on there is still the pain. If i touch my left side it hurts in my gut and i am not sure what this means

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just to add. The day it started i had been lifting heavy loads at work so i originally thought i'd just pulled a muscle. But as of today i have been having very smelly stool and gas

• Posted

Do you have swelling as well? It could be hernia as you mentioned you lifted heavy loads or a simple muscle pulled hopefully.
    • Posted

There is no swelling at all. Today my gut has stopped hurting but i still have that stich like pain on my side
  • Posted

Go get it checked out soon as you can. It's probably nothing, but definitely worth piece of mind to check it out soon.

• Posted

Wait a week to see if the pain goes away.  It may be a pulled muscle if it started on the day you were lifting heavy loads. Pulled muscles take time to heal.  I pulled my shoulder several weeks ago and it is still very sore to put pressure on.  The smelly stool and gas may be nothing if you have only had this for one day or maybe it was due to drinking or something you ate.  Perhaps try a food diary and see a doctor id symptoms continue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.