Pain On Outside of rt Knee

Posted , 6 users are following.

Merry Christmas.. About a month ago I awoke to some rt knee pain. It’s on the outside of my right knee. It occurs at each gate as I bear weight on it. When I’m on my feet for a long time bending the knee is painful. When the knee is sore and I’m sitting at a table I have to straighten my leg otherwise there’s a lot of pain. I’ve had x-rays, nothing conclusive. No pain to the touch.  PT was suggested. Can’t take NSAIDS. 

Any thoughts, ideas? Thanks 

Geo.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I really would get that PT eval. I am having some of the same issues. (Pain in the same area, positive "theater sign."wink It's musculoskeletal related -- in my case a tight IT band coupled with underdeveloped glutes and vastus lateralis is causing patella tracking issues. Do you stretch every day? I am able to mitigate some of my pain with KT tape and foam/stick rolling...and ice.

• Posted

Thanks..Just last night a friend was telling me about his niece, a sports medicine dr and using a foam stick rolling. Geo
  • Posted

Hi there.   I was having the same pain for about 3 months on the right side of my operated knee.  I was so concerned it may be inflammation that I had an x-ray.   The doctor at hospital said all looked fine and wait a while.  The pain continued for at least another 2-1/2 months every time I fully straightened my knee and on walking.  Now,  5 months after the op. it has suddenly disappeared and I am now seeing the light.  I am walking very well and even forget my knee is there!!!  Bliss - I hope you eventually get some results.  regards.
  • Posted

You should do some leg exercise after consulting with doctor. It will definitely help you. Take care.
    • Posted

My Dr. said to use the same exercises I used to strength my left knee after a tkr. That’s what I need to get doing. Thanks  Geo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.