Pain on outside of TKR knee

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all,   am 5 weeks post opp of TKR, am doing ok  but a question to you all, this morning i had the worst pain since my opp, as i was sat and tryed to turn, this pain like a stabbing pain came on ,at the outside of my tkr  knee, i could,nt bend or straighten it for a abit till the pain eased off. has anyone else had this or any one no what it could be,  similar pain has been there since the start but no way as bad , just thought the pain was part of the recovery .  many thanks Brian  

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Brian, I've had some interesting pains from time to time, I think when I've twisted the wrong way. It is just a stink'n long process! I had a bad habit of crossing my ankles when my legs were out in front of me. This is so bad. Might be the reason the right knee isn't healing as nicely as the left (I had a bilateral TKR). 5 weeks is still fairly early in the healing process.
  • Posted

I want to move to England...lol

You all seem so loving and supportive!

Maybe i can find a wife too biggrin

Any single 40-60 year old ladies out there that would want a broken down tennis pro

Lolol

😃

• Posted

You are funny, David. We aren't all in the UK. I'm from the US, currently living in India (headed back next month to settle for a while).
    • Posted

Lol...you know the saying, "...laughter is the best medicine!" smile
    • Posted

Yes meeee lol,,I'm 14 weeks post op been a struggle n lot harder than I thought , went back to work at 11 weeks ,,,still can't do the stairs though ,,,haven't ,mastered that yet,,,,go on my excercise bike every day for 30 mins,,,it's stil a long haul but we will all get there ,,,,😊
  • Posted

Hi all, just a up date went to Physio today did all of the exercisers ask, apart from the bike, there was no chance, knee is still swollen still icing elevating and meds,been told there might be something up,but seeing a higher Physio on monday, if he dos,nt no he will send me back to consultant, feeling a lot better today, one of the good days, hope all is ok here,s to a quick recovey to all. Brian
  • Posted

Just read your last post.

Keep at it ti does get better.

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Brian,

If you still answer these, I hope.  What did the pain end up being?  I am 5 weeks, 1/09/2018 and I am getting the same pain your describing and, like you, had the pain there from the start but nothing like is going on now.

Thanks

Cathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.